PHP Classes

Child message processing

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP dotGo Engine  >  All threads  >  Child message processing  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Child message processing
Summary:Not getting expected response
Author:Brandon Sussman
Date:2015-11-11 16:21:15

1. Child message processing   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brandon Sussman Brandon Sussman - 2015-11-11 16:21:15
I implemented the example from the first article.
I also modified the emulator to provide a little extra information, echoing $_REQUEST['query'] prior to the response.

My test domain is a '.net'.

1. The parent sms msg ('domain hello') is working fine. So channel and designator and path are correct.
2. Using the menu response (send 1 or 2 for 'hello world' or 'hello universe') returns a 'no information is available' response. My debugging shows that the sent query is indeed 'domain hello world' or 'domain hello universe'.
3. Directly sending 'domain hello world' or 'domain hello universe' results in the same unsatisfying response. This increases my confidence that I am following directions but...

it looks like a dotgo problem but I doubt that :)

I do not see much doc on debugging or logs on the dotgo site.

Comments? Ideas?

2. Re: Child message processing   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Smith Dave Smith - 2015-11-11 16:47:48 - In reply to message 1 from Brandon Sussman
I just tested the emulator on my test site, and it is working for me.

Based solely on the symptoms, the engine is having trouble finding the children, so just to make sure....

You have a root keyword 'hello', we know this because it is working.

You clicked on 'hello' and added a single keyword 'world' as a child... correct? In other words, you did not add one keyword 'hello world', right?

Spelling can be an issue as well, in the next article coming soon we will look into setting it up to default to the most likely keyword.

I would be happy to take a look at it if you want to send me your domain name in an e-mail to dave at wagontrader dot com.

Dave

3. Re: Child message processing   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brandon Sussman Brandon Sussman - 2015-11-11 19:15:52 - In reply to message 2 from Dave Smith
Yes to the assumptions and questions. Pvt email about to be sent :)

4. Solved: Child message processing   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brandon Sussman Brandon Sussman - 2015-11-12 13:24:56 - In reply to message 3 from Brandon Sussman
Dave explained that since I am using a sub-domain, a little more configuration/setup is needed to make the example in the package work.

The solution uses dotgo coding that Dave intends to discuss in the near future. I won't jump the gun :)

5. Re: Child message processing   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Smith Dave Smith - 2015-12-01 06:07:28 - In reply to message 4 from Brandon Sussman
The problem was with the way DOTGO was interpreting the keywords. The solution was to use the <keywords> node to specify the keywords we expect.

The usage can be found in the latest article, here...

phpclasses.org/blog/package/9459/po ...

Dave