PHP Classes

Registeration Issue

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Secure Login and Registration  >  All threads  >  Registeration Issue  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Registeration Issue
Summary:It doesn't register or send mail
Author:NoobSaiboT TheFreakative (iTs)
Date:2016-12-23 09:00:25

1. Registeration Issue   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of NoobSaiboT TheFreakative (iTs) NoobSaiboT TheFreakative (iTs) - 2016-12-23 09:00:25
When i tried registering, it doesn't register and brings an alert box with a "Insert all valid required fields error". To get the registeration to work, I had to comment out this if statement

/* if(!(isset($email) && isset($fname) && isset($lname) && isset($pass) && filter_var($email, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL))){
$this->msg = 'Insert all valid required fields.';
return false;
}*/
and then it worked. But it won't send the mail. I think its probably because the php mail() function won't work on most localhosts . Maybe you could use phpmailer instead for that. Well done !!

2. Re: Registeration Issue   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lieven Maus Lieven Maus - 2017-01-30 11:12:54 - In reply to message 1 from NoobSaiboT TheFreakative (iTs)
Here i get the message (obfuscated the real data),(also the HTML is not parsed...):
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function prepare() on null in php-secure-login-2016-12-22\class\user.php:255
Stack trace:
#0 php-secure-login-2016-12-22\class\user.php(97): User-&gt;checkEmail('lievenmaus@outl...')
#1 php-secure-login-2016-12-22\example\register.php(10): User-&gt;registration('aaa@bbb...', 'ccc', 'ddd', 'eee')
#2 {main}
thrown in <b>php-secure-login-2016-12-22\class\user.php</b> on line <b>255</b><br />